Sunday, May 21, 2006

Beginning


Hi,
This is just a construction site at the moment.
I hope to add maps & descriptions of Hemingway's favorite (and, not so favorite) places in Paris in the 1920s.
If you've read "A Moveable Feast," by Hemingway perhaps you've been fascinated by the streets that he walked, the cafes he frequented and the addresses that he lived at. You probably pictured them and wondered what they really looked like, like his apartment above the sawmill and the cafe on Place St-Michel.
This is the time of year for it certainly, springtime in Paris.
Pin It

7 comments:

lafindboy said...

This promises to be a most interesting blog. I am a great fan of Hemingway. I am also a great fan of Paris. Paris has been the home of many artistic movements over the years. The ex-pat writers of the early twentieth century was one of the great moments in western literature.

I look forward to seeing much more of this blog and have bookmarked it for future enjoyment.

Nikon said...

Hi Lafindboy,
Thanks for looking & I'm glad that you liked it.
Best,
Paul

Nikon said...

Hi pjk, glad to see a post from you - you are one of my favorite experts.
I knew it was a Hemingway hangout, but didn't know it was Le Deux Magots.
Do you live down in Key West, by a hemingway haunt?

Meg said...

Hi, Paul. I had to start this blog from the start, so I'll go look for the book this afternoon, but for you, why Hemmingway? Why this book (and Paris) as opposed to, say, Spain or Florida?

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just found your blog via The Paris Apartment. I, too, am a great fan of Hemingway (and Paris!)
I look forward to starting here at the beginning and reading your work.


Michelle

Unknown said...

How am I just finding this blog?? I am a big H-Way fan- thanks for ALL of this :)

Nikon said...

I hope to add a post or two in the near future - I've been sidetracked by photography.
Thanks for looking.
Paul